Meet me at the Arnold. | September 7, 2013 | Comments (2)
Well, well, well. It’s the weekend, and I hope you’re ready for a Blair Witch-meets-Blair Waldorf post. I wore this outfit to a rooftop pool party and a side trip to Harvard’s Arnold Arboretum in Jamaica Plain, the oldest public arboretum in the country. No, in all of North America! It’s a lovely place to stroll around and hide inside, even if it does get a little bit spooky at twilight.
The dress and heels are both Nine West. The belt is from J. Crew and I honestly cannot explain the sequined minaudière – no, no, I remember now! Also a witchy post, that one was. The enormous cocktail ring is from Kate Spade, and my sunglasses are vintage. I am still head over heels in love with Yves Saint Laurent’s Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains, and this shade here is No. 12, Coril Fauve – a punchy, coral-tinged pink.
Right now it seems that everyone I know is at the Marimacho’s Fashion Week debut, and it looks like so much fun! We’re having a much-needed lazy weekend at home after three nonstop weekends in a row, plus the soft end to the summer with the petite back in school this week along with the usual workaday to and fro.
Today we stayed in bed until the pets would let us no more, had a super relaxing midday mani/pedi treat at a neighborhood spot that feels more spa-like than the posh Miniluxe downtown (paraffin wax treatment and a hot stone massage are included? I’m sold!), and took a twilight stroll to pick up some delicious coal-fired artisan pizza for dinner. Perfecto!
Here’s a rundown of some click-worthy links to keep you company for a lazy Saturday night (or Sunday morning):
- The National gets hip to ye olde PBR slip-and-slide in a new video for their song Graceless
- Getting whinny with it – check out this whimsical clutch I’m expecting to gallop along any old day now
- Sephora has a list of 5 new and noteworthy mascaras, but I’m over the moon about Guerlain’s Maxi Lash
- Glad we’ll have a new season of The Newsroom to count on after the 2-part finale starting tomorrow night!
- Enough is enough, M is going to teach me how to code after I take a few starter Code School or Udemy classes
- Been over the new span of the Bay Bridge yet? We will in October, but I’m glad I immortalized the old span!
- Can’t wait to jump a few trains this autumn, even though there are two weeks of summer left
- I’ve never been so excited to file taxes before in my life
- Want to know how I get my hair so FFAF-y? I’m working my way through the process step by step at Qwear – check out part 1 and part 2
And don’t forget about FFAF’s Tumblr, if you’re the kind of person who tumbles.
On a back to school note, I know I don’t much get into parenting here but I have to get this one mama brag out: For the petite, this year brings Honors English, a year-long seminar in American government and politics that includes a super-intense week in DC, Wellness in lieu of traditional PE class, and acceptance into a scholars program. Oh, and open campus privileges.
She’s in love with the government class already. It’s taught in a college format by a teacher so into it that they’ve already forgotten the time once and gone 25 minutes past class discussing Syria. I’ll leave you with this gem from her first essay assignment:
“If reading has taught me anything, it’s that a new beginning is only a page away.”
Happy weekend wishes to all you lovelies,